kariches

Can I shift the loss in a revocable trust account to my personal benefit so that I can deduct the loss on my income tax return?

My  wife and I are grantors and still alive.  I have reported past  trust income and capital gains by passing through to us on 1099s (B, INT and DIV).

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"My  wife and I are grantors and still alive. "

Grantor trusts are treated as disregarded entities for federal income tax purposes so you report items of income, gain/loss, deductions, credits, etc. on your federal individual income tax return.