Solved: Can I deduct medicare B and D premiums if it not taken out of my social security check?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I deduct medicare B and D premiums if it not taken out of my social security check?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

Can I deduct medicare B and D premiums if it not taken out of my social security check?

The Part B and Part D premiums paid with out of pocket funds and not reimbursed, would be entered on Schedule A as an itemized medical deduction.

To enter your medical expenses -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Medical Expenses, click the start or update button

Or enter medical expenses, sch a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to medical expenses, sch a

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

The Part B and Part D premiums paid with out of pocket funds and not reimbursed, would be entered on Schedule A as an itemized medical deduction.

To enter your medical expenses -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Medical
  • On Medical Expenses, click the start or update button

Or enter medical expenses, sch a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to medical expenses, sch a

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings