turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I change the date in the little box from 01/31/19 have lived in the state of Texas all my life how do i change information in box

You asked for this information yesterday.  You know I did NOT have it yesterday yet you duped me into paying you today without filing my taxes,
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Can I change the date in the little box from 01/31/19 have lived in the state of Texas all my life how do i change information in box

@ fortfort66 wrote:
You asked for this information yesterday.  You know I did NOT have it yesterday yet you duped me into paying you today without filing my taxes,

This is a user community forum, not a direct route to TurboTax Support.   By "little box", what question are you answering?   Are you referring to the MY INFO section, Question 2, where it asks about state of residence on December 31, 2019?

If you're using Online TurboTax, you can open the return interview back up (see instruction below) and go back to the MY INFO section (from the left column menu) to correct any info on your state of residence.

If your return is closed, here's how to get back to the interview and that menu.  You can open the interview by going to the Tax Home and look for a link "Add a State" and click.   That doesn't really add one but will open the return back up.

If you click the MY INFO tab in the left column and arrive at a summary page called "Personal Info Summary", choose to EDIT the first section where it shows your Name, SSN, occupation, birthdate, resident state, etc.   That will get you back to the start of the MY INFO interview.

If you have lived in Texas all of 2019 (or all of your life), you would indicate NO to "I lived in another state in 2019.   Then it should not ask you any date.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies