Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gil02lo

Got married last year how do my wife and I file our 1099-G? Do I combine the refund or...?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Got married last year how do my wife and I file our 1099-G? Do I combine the refund or...?

Assuming the 1099-G is for state income tax refunds, you enter the refunds of whomever of you itemized deductions and took a deduction for state income taxes paid in 2016.  If neither itemized, enter 0, if one of you did, enter that amount, if both of you did, sum them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Assuming the 1099-G is for state income tax refunds, you enter the refunds of whomever of you itemized deductions and took a deduction for state income taxes paid in 2016.  If neither itemized, enter 0, if one of you did, enter that amount, if both of you did, sum them.

gil02lo

1099-G is for state income tax refund.  I itemized for 2016 tax year and my wife didn't.  Based on your answer since I did, I enter my state tax refund for 2016, and since she didn't itemized I don't include her state tax refund for 2017.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies