turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coerther

1099-r (old 401k) was rolled over to IRA contribution( form 5498) but i enter all corrected info on Turbo tax 7 with a "G" &2b total distruibution X -still shows income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1099-r (old 401k) was rolled over to IRA contribution( form 5498) but i enter all corrected info on Turbo tax 7 with a "G" &2b total distruibution X -still shows income

All distributions must be reported and Turbotax chose to show that in the Your Income Summary. That does not mean that it is taxable income or that it affects your tax in any way. The distribution will show on your tax return with the word ROLLOVER next to it and that is the only effect that it has.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

All distributions must be reported and Turbotax chose to show that in the Your Income Summary. That does not mean that it is taxable income or that it affects your tax in any way. The distribution will show on your tax return with the word ROLLOVER next to it and that is the only effect that it has.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies