I received a 1099-Misc with gross attorney's fees. All should be taxable. How do I enter the full amount as taxable? The software won't allow it.

Yes, you may report the taxable amount from Form 1099-MISC as self-employment income on Schedule C.

See the instructions below for how to enter this in TurboTax:

Click "this question" to see screenshots.

If you have trouble entering the exact amount, try entering an amount that is one dollar less. This work-around should allow you to complete your entry.

[revised 3/16/18 for work-around]

I have the same problem.  Unfortunately, the instructions above don't solve it. On step #6 above, Turbo Tax does not let you enter the entire amount. An error message in red appears below the box where you enter the taxable amount. It says, "The taxable amount must be less than Gross attorney's fees."

@alanflum Try entering a number that is one dollar less. While not technically correct, the IRS rounds to the nearest dollar, so a dollar difference shouldn't matter. This is a work-around that will allow you to e-file.

Thanks Patricia! I appreciate it. That is exactly what I ended up doing. I added the one dollar back as cash income.