Solved: A 1099-R has a 2016 California State Tax 27.96 withheld due to an address error. I have lived in Flordia the entire year. How can I get the money back?

A 1099-R has a 2016 California State Tax 27.96 withheld due to an address error. I have lived in Flordia the entire year. How can I get the money back?

If the payer withheld CA tax and sent the money to CA then you would need to file a CA non-resident tax return to get a refund of the money that they have, unless it was an error on the payers part.   Discuss this with the payer.