lloyd-woolridge

760PY INC: Taxable IRA distribution can’t be greater than the total amount reported on federal return. I entered amount on Fed return and checked 2 taxable 1099-Rs, but still keep getting error that distribution is greater. need help

Anita01

It's not clear what you mean by you entered the amount on fed return and where you might have checked 2 1099-Rs.  

Check the taxable pension/IRA amount on your 1040 tax return by licking on TaxTools, then Tools.  Select to View your Tax Summary then to Preview your 1040.  Does the taxable amount on the 1040 exceed the amount on the 760?

Kathy685

I get the same message and this is preventing me from filing my taxes.  I don't understand what it is asking for. I had a distribution taken out of my pension in December and it took out VA state taxes

AnnetteB6

Check the information entered on your Form 1099-R and be sure that the amount reported in box 1 matches the amount reported in box 14 for the state distribution amount.  Enter the box 1 amount in box 14 if they are different or if box 14 is blank.

@Kathy685

Kathy685

You indicated check box 14,  what form is that on,  Box 14 of the 760py is for social security

DMarkM1

AnnetteB6 is referring to box 14 on your form 1099-R.  That is the state area of that form.