Solved: 67 yr old receives a pension from NYC 53k and SS $18k= $71k. Is she exempt from NYS and NYC tax? your program only exempts her for 20K and has to pay taxes on the rest

67 yr old receives a pension from NYC 53k and SS $18k= $71k. Is she exempt from NYS and NYC tax? your program only exempts her for 20K and has to pay taxes on the rest

You need to pick the exact correct NY-source of the pension on one of the pages that follows the main 1099-R form.

A couple of those selections only allow a 20,000 exclusion (but I don't know which)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

What if the source is not listed? I worked for a large IT company and receiving monthly pension.