ba2419

2018 TT is showing a very significant "Other Withholding" paid. It results in a huge refund which we aren"t due. My wife has W2 income, I only have SS and my IRA RMD.

TomYoung

These kinds of problems are not particularly difficult to deal with in desktop versions.

Go to Forms Mode (icon, upper right), open your Form 1040, scroll down to line 16, put your cursor over the dollar amount, right click and select "Quickzoom".  On the 1040 Worksheet that comes up scroll down to line 16 and you'll probably see a big number there.  Quickzoom again and you'll probably see a big number there, one that you might have entered by mistake.  You can clear that number.

Or, go back to the "Other Income Taxes" under the Deductions and Credits tab and go through "Withholding not already entered on a W-2 or 1099" to find the problem.

Tom Young

TomYoung

Tom Young

ba2419

Tom, thanks so much. It showed me exactly what to do. I received your response 11 minutes after I posted my question. I’ve never used the Community before, but certainly will again if needed.
isolveit

I just finished mine and saw an unusual amount in 'other withholding'.  It should have been blank or 0.  It came from a 1099-R and was included there.  So this was a duplicate.  Yes I removed it but it was put there by 'step by step' and is a definite flaw in TT.