Solved: $20 total income last year via 1099's. Do I need to file?

$20 total income last year via 1099's. Do I need to file?

Last year I had no W2's, no unemployment income, absolutely nothing to worry about except $20usd via a couple of 1099's as self-employed. Do I need to file at all?

Also (and I just thought of this), can my significant other (unmarried) claim me as a dependent, since she paid for most of my needs (food, gas, other expenses)? No one else is claiming me as a dependent.

No. You are not required to file a tax return for 2016, since your self employment income was under $400 and you had no other income.  

Based on the information above, your girlfriend should be able to claim you as a dependent. However, there are other requirements that she must meet. One of them, is that you must have been a member of her household for all of 2016. For a complete list of requirements, please visit the IRS link below.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/vita/content/globalmedia/table_2_dependency_exemption_relative_4012.pdf

Thanks so much!