phil4

2 1099-R's with taxable income of $18,655. No other income other than SS. Taxable income is being calculated as $20,695. Where is the additional $2,040 coming from?

LindaA

Depending on your total income, part of your Social Security benefits may be taxable, as explained in the FAQ below. When you preview your 1040, taxable Social Security benefits will be shown on line 20b.

To preview your 1040 in TurboTax Online and check your taxable Social Security Benefits:

• Open (continue) your return in TurboTax Online. (If your return isn't open, you'll need to sign in and click Take me to my return.) 
  • Click My Account (top right of your screen). 
  • Select Tools
  • Under Other helpful links..., click View Tax Summary
  • Click Preview my 1040 (top center of your screen). 
  • Scroll down to line 20b to see the Taxable amount of your Social Security benefits. (Click the screenshots below for reference.)

Is my Social Security income taxable? https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299920

LindaA

• Select Tools