jfh5232

1099r - I have a 1099r with both my name and my wife's name on it but only my wife's ss number. There is only a way for one name in turbo tax (no way to check joint)

I have a 1099r with both my name and my wife's name on it but only my wife's ss number. There is only a way for one name in turbo tax (no way to check joint)

Should I just put that it is for my wife since it is her ss number?

TomYoung

I assume you're filing jointly?  That's the best way to file for a married couple in almost every case.  If you are, simply put in her Social Security number.  ALL income from whatever source is considered "Joint" income if you're filing jointly.  (I am somewhat mystified, though, why both names are listed on the 1099-R.  Do you know?)

Tom Young

TomYoung

Tom Young

jfh5232

Thank you - The reason that both names on on the 1099r is that it is from a joint annuity account (non IRA).