turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1099R box 7 s/b G (rollover). What others figures/boxes to I change? I get tax $ back too? how do I fix this while waiting for corrected 1099R?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1099R box 7 s/b G (rollover). What others figures/boxes to I change? I get tax $ back too? how do I fix this while waiting for corrected 1099R?

If I understand you correctly, you received a 1099-R for a trustee-to-trustee rollover, and the distribution code was not G. So you have asked for a corrected 1099-R.

This answer assumes that the above is true.

"What others figures/boxes to I change?" - None, enter the corrected 1099-R exactly as is.

"I get tax $ back too?" - that depends on many other factors on your return.

"how do I fix this while waiting for corrected 1099R?" - what is there to fix besides remove the 1099-R that will be corrected?

Note that you should wait until you receive the corrected 1099-R, because there are occasions in which a taxpayer thinks that a transaction is a rollover but it is not in the eyes of the IRS and the fund custodian. For example, if a taxpayer remove $X from a fund with the intention of contributing it within 60 days to another retirement fund, many taxpayers call it a "rollover" but the distribution code on the 1099-R is "7", not "G".

"G" is used only if the transfer is a trustee-to-trustee transfer, not if the taxpayer is the intermediary.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

What is the code in box 7 of the Form 1099-R provided by the payer?
Is the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box marked?

If I understand you correctly, you received a 1099-R for a trustee-to-trustee rollover, and the distribution code was not G. So you have asked for a corrected 1099-R.

This answer assumes that the above is true.

"What others figures/boxes to I change?" - None, enter the corrected 1099-R exactly as is.

"I get tax $ back too?" - that depends on many other factors on your return.

"how do I fix this while waiting for corrected 1099R?" - what is there to fix besides remove the 1099-R that will be corrected?

Note that you should wait until you receive the corrected 1099-R, because there are occasions in which a taxpayer thinks that a transaction is a rollover but it is not in the eyes of the IRS and the fund custodian. For example, if a taxpayer remove $X from a fund with the intention of contributing it within 60 days to another retirement fund, many taxpayers call it a "rollover" but the distribution code on the 1099-R is "7", not "G".

"G" is used only if the transfer is a trustee-to-trustee transfer, not if the taxpayer is the intermediary.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies