gknapp19

1099R Annuity

What is meant by "Certain Annuity Funds?

The examples are all from New York City. 

The examples are not helpful.

Mine is part of retirement from a corporation.

ColeenD3

1099R Annuity

Can you tell us where you are reading this and why it applies to you?

Most 1099-R forms from corporations are straightforward. Just enter the form exactly as it appears.

gknapp19

1099R Annuity

Wages & Income Pension section to enter 1099R income on page headed "Where Is This Distribution From?"

The page includes 10 selections from which you must select one. This page is apparently for those with New York State sourced income. My pension was taken over by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation when the company from which I retired went into Chapter 11 Reorganization. the PBGC paid my pension for a time and then inexplicably split of a very small portion into an annuity from Prudential. The 1099R always checks "Taxable amount not determined". With no information on whether I may have contributed to this while working, I have simply paid taxes on this amount. I believe I will check "None" on the referenced page in the software and move on.

MarilynG1

1099R Annuity

If none of the choices seems to apply, definitely choose 'None'.  It will not affect your tax return.

Click the link for more discussion on  Where is this Distribution From?