There’s no penalty for taking early retirement distributions for reasons related to COVID-19, and taxes on early distributions can be spread out over three years. Explore the articles below to get an overview of how early retirement withdrawals and investments affect your taxes.
- Can I make a hardship withdrawal from my 401(k)?
- Where do I enter my 1099-R?
- What happens if I have a 401(k) loan but later lose or quit my job?
- What are the exceptions to the penalty for an early withdrawal from my 401(k)?
- Can I waive the penalty for early retirement withdrawal if I'm impacted by COVID-19?