E-file reject R0000-503-02: The secondary taxpayer's Social Security number and last name don't match IRS records. The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
This rejection can occur if the spouse's name or Social Security number has been entered incorrectly. (The spouse is the second taxpayer listed on a joint return.)
Less commonly, this rejection can be caused by a mismatch with the IRS database.
Follow these steps to make sure your spouse's info has been entered correctly. The name and Social Security number in TurboTax should match their Social Security card.
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
- Select Fix my return.
- Follow the instructions to fix the error and re-file your return.
- TurboTax Online instructions for E-file reject R0000-500-01: The name or Social Security number for the first taxpayer doesn't match IRS records
- TurboTax Online instructions for e-file reject R0000-503-02: The secondary taxpayer's Social Security number and last name don't match IRS records
- CD/Download instructions for E-file reject IND-031-04 or IND-032-04: The AGI or Self-select PIN from last year doesn't match IRS records
- E-file reject FW2-502: The name or EIN for an employer on your W-2 doesn't match IRS records
- How do I fix a rejected return?