Reject R0000-503-02: The secondary taxpayer's Social Security number and last name don't match IRS records. The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
This rejection can occur if the spouse's name or Social Security number on a joint return has been entered incorrectly.
Less commonly, this rejection can be caused by a mismatch with the IRS database.
Make sure the spouse's info has been entered correctly. Their name and Social Security number in TurboTax should match their Social Security card. See also Helpful Tips, below.
- Sign in to your account and select the Fix my return button.
- On the Let's fix your returns and then refile screen, select the Fix it now button.
- Review the spouse's info on the Fix Name/Social Security Mismatch screen. If there's an error, select No.
- If everything is correct, select Yes. You won't be able to e-file your return, so we'll help you print and mail it.
- Enter the correct info on the next screen and select Continue.
- Select Continue to refile to file your return again.
You can also go directly to the personal information screen to make additional corrections:
- With your return open, select My Info in the left menu.
- On the Personal info summary screen, select Edit next to the spouse's name.
- Make any corrections, and then select Continue.
- Select File in the left menu.
- At the Welcome back screen, select Continue. (Don't select Fix my return, you've already done that).
- Follow the instructions to proceed with the filing process.