If your return was rejected for Form 1040, line 6c, for each dependent provided, if line 6c column 4 checkbox is checked, then that dependent's age must be under 17 (error code F1040-076), it's because the dependent's date of birth, Social Security number, and/or last name is either incorrect or doesn't match what's on file with the IRS.
Get your dependent's Social Security card and make sure their information was entered correctly:
- Open your return in TurboTax and select Personal Info.
- On the summary screen, select Edit next to your dependent's name.
- Make sure that the dependent's name, date of birth, and Social Security number exactly match the information on their Social Security card.
- If something is wrong, correct it, select Continue, and proceed to the File section to resubmit your return.
If you verified that the info for each of your dependents is correct, call the Social Security Administration (SSA) at 1-800-772-1213 to verify that the SSA's records are correct. (The IRS gets their information from the SSA.) Correct SSA records will prevent the same rejection next year.
In the meantime, your best option is to file a paper return, as your return will continue to be rejected until the mismatch is fixed at the SSA, which can take four to six weeks (and sometimes longer).
- What to do if you suspect tax-related identity theft
- E-file reject R0000-507-01: A dependent on your return has already been claimed (or claimed themselves) on another return
- E-file reject R0000-504-02: The name or Social Security number for a dependent on your return doesn't match IRS records
- E-file reject R0000-503-02: The secondary taxpayer's Social Security number and last name don't match IRS records. The IRS receives this information from the Social Security Administration (SSA)