To resolve this, start by finding your 6-digit IP PIN:
- This'll be on the CP01A letter you received in December or January for your 2019 taxes. IP PINs for prior tax years won't work.
- If you lost your letter or never received one, retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site.
- If unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you can have it reissued (allow up to 21 days).
Then, follow these instructions:
- Open (continue) your return in TurboTax.
- Select Fix my return.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter your 2019 IP PIN and re-file your return.