This rejection can occur if you mistyped or omitted the Payer Name and/or Federal ID Number (FEIN) when you entered your 1099-R.
Other, less common reasons for this rejection:
- Your 1099-R form is incorrect.
- The payer's info in the IRS database is wrong.
Grab your 1099-R form and proceed to the solution steps below.
Note: If the Federal ID Number on your 1099-R is blank because the payer is foreign, you'll need to mail your return because the FEIN is needed for e-filing. If a domestic payer omitted their FEIN, contact them for the nine-digit number if you want to e-file or just file a conventional paper return.
- Sign in to your account and open or continue your return.
- Search for 1099-R in the upper-right corner, then select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Select Edit next to the 1099-R in question.
- Proceed to the Enter your 1099-R screen and compare the Payer Name and Federal ID Number on the screen with your 1099-R form.
- Important: The payer's name and FEIN in TurboTax must exactly match the info on your 1099-R form.
- Make any corrections, and then select Continue.
- If necessary, repeat steps 2-5 for any other 1099-R forms on your return.
- When finished, select File in the left menu.
- At the Welcome back screen, select Continue. Don't select Fix my return, you've already done that.
- Follow the instructions to proceed with the filing process.