To print and/or download a return from 2017 or earlier, you'll need to select and pay for a TurboTax product for this year. Your best bet is probably to get TurboTax Free Edition with PLUS benefits. (If it turns out you need a different version of TurboTax later it's easy to upgrade when you need to.)
- Select File for $0 (under Free Edition).
- Go through the screens, entering all of your personal info, until you get to the Great job so far... screen where you'll be given the option to Get PLUS.
- After selecting PLUS, select File in the left menu. (You won't actually file right now. This just gets you to the section where you can pay.)
- If you see the We need a little more info screen after selecting File, you probably forgot to add something in the Personal information summary. Select Complete My Return and confirm you've entered all the info that section asks for, especially your Social Security number. (If you see Needs info under any section, definitely check that). When you're done, select File again.
- At the Just a few steps left... screen, select Start next to Step 1.
- On the next screen, select View payment options and follow the instructions to pay for PLUS. If you're asked to register, do that as well. You won't be able to access your return until you've registered.
- After you've paid, select Tax Home in the left menu. Then select Show next to Your tax returns documents to get the option to Download/print return (PDF) for the tax year you want.