Intuit

How do I access my prior-year (2017 or earlier) return in the mobile app?

If you have access, and are in the right TurboTax account, your return from 2017 or earlier is under Your tax returns & documents (select the arrow, then Download/print return) on the first screen when you sign in.

I can see where my prior year return is supposed to be but I can’t download/print

To get access to your prior year return, you have to upgrade to a paid product (if you haven't already) and pay.

To upgrade (for Free Edition without PLUS):

1. If you’ve just signed in, select Take me to my return (if you haven’t already).
  2. Select the menu icon in the upper-left corner.
  3. Select My Info. (You may need to fill in some personal info to proceed.)
  4. Swipe forward until you get to the Recommended for you screen where you can add PLUS. Select Add PLUS Benefits, then select Continue.

To pay (everyone):

3. Select File, then Continue on the Well done screen.
  4. Review your order and follow the instructions to pay. (Don’t pay with your refund.)

If you’ve already filed your 2018 return and want to upgrade and/or pay, you have to sign in to TurboTax Online and follow these instructions.

My prior year return isn’t where it’s supposed to be

If you don't see the option to download/print your prior year return under Your tax returns & documents, you might be in the wrong TurboTax account. The video below can help you figure out what to do if that’s the case.

Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in