sale of shares

sale of shares

I am in between careers at the moment and need to sell some of my shares to cover living expenses.  I would like to know how much I should put aside to cover the taxation of the sale at the end of the year.  Any assistance would be much appreciated.

sale of shares

Are the shares in a personal account or in some retirement account like a IRA or 401K?

sale of shares

They are in an employee stock purchase plan with E-Trade

sale of shares

I have 2 purchases in 2017 of 7 and 6 shares respectively and will be holding onto the 2 purchases of shares I had in 2018 (of 6 and 6) to avoid early withdrawal penalties (I believe).  I have never sold shares before and am trying to be ahead of the game come tax time next year.

sale of shares

They are in an Employee stock purchase plan with E-trade.  I have 2 purchases in 2017 of 7 and 6 shares respectively and will be holding onto the 2 purchases of shares I had in 2018 (of 6 and 6) to avoid early withdrawal penalties (I believe). I have never sold shares before and am trying to be ahead of the game come tax time next year.