turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why didn't the IRS have my direct deposit information?

Why didn't the irs have my direct deposit info for the stimulus check if I did direct deposit in 2018 through turbo tax? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Or did you mean that you have already received or will be getting a check instead of a direct deposit?

Is this your situation?

In 2018 did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?   If so, the IRS would have first sent your 2018 refund to a temporary intermediary bank account where the fees are subtracted.   So the deposit info the IRS would have would be for that temporary bank account.  Since that temporary intermediary bank account used in 2018 is now closed, if they tried to send you a stimulus deposit, it would bounce back to the IRS who would issue you a check in the mail.     If you did not pay any TurboTax fees by that method in 2018, then this paragraph will not apply to you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Are you referring to the "Get My Payment" tool re: the stimulus at the IRS website, and saying it cannot find your info?

That tool can be quirky.  

Uses dashes in the SSN.

Try using all capital letters. 

Do not use any punctuation in the address.

Try the address exactly as it appears on your 2018 return.

Or if  that doesn't work, look up the official address styling at the USPS website below:
https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction_input

Or did you mean that you have already received or will be getting a check instead of a direct deposit?

Is this your situation?

In 2018 did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?   If so, the IRS would have first sent your 2018 refund to a temporary intermediary bank account where the fees are subtracted.   So the deposit info the IRS would have would be for that temporary bank account.  Since that temporary intermediary bank account used in 2018 is now closed, if they tried to send you a stimulus deposit, it would bounce back to the IRS who would issue you a check in the mail.     If you did not pay any TurboTax fees by that method in 2018, then this paragraph will not apply to you.

Interesting,  Yes I did pay Turbotax tax fees out of my refund. 

I didn't check the "get my payment" tool for about two weeks,  because the irs and turbotax said if you had your refund direct deposited for your 2018 taxes,  you didn't need to do anything. 

Once I checked 'get my payment' I was notified that the irs didn't have my deposit info and needed to enter it. 

Now my status says that I'm eligible and will get a deposit date. It's been like that since April and no change. It's really frustrating.  I have no idea when my stimulus will be arriving

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies