Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax debit card scam

I am so angry right now!!  I never authorized a TurboTax card and now my stimulus money is stuck on it because I can only transfer it to another Green-whatever account.  And of course I'm going to be charged a monthly fee for a card I never asked for or authorized.  This is a total scam!  I would like to know immediately how to get MY money out.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

TurboTax debit card scam

Me too. Or I won’t stop until I figure out the scammy, slimy tactics beneath this. TurboTax? I thought they were trustworthy. Next year I’ll go to a real CPA.

TurboTax debit card scam

TurboTax is going to lose a TON of customers if they don't get this fixed immediately!

TurboTax debit card scam

Just tried to use the "chat" function and you can't even ask your own question!  You can only choose one of their preset questions!!!

TurboTax debit card scam

Yes this card and company are a straight up scam I never ordered it but it came so I said ok I'll use it charge me 5 bucks a month to use it and then when I need to dispute a charge they tell me I have to take it up with that company after explaining to them that company is no longer in business and I asked to close my account lady was oh to eager didn't even try to keep me as a customer **bleep** u turbo tax I'll use something else next year 

TurboTax debit card scam

December 31 my second stimulus got deposited into some turbo card through green dot. My first was a check sent to my address. So they suspended my account because the money for the stimulus was suspicious??? And asked for me to send my.i.d. to unsuspend. I sent it the next day. They said my driver license they asked for wasn't what they needed. they closed my.account with all.my.money on it and I've been on hold 3 hours to try to get my money I desperately needed. Where is my.money!!!! And how can I use my.money to.feed my.famjly????? The first.lady I talked  to was rude and unpleasant I could barely understand her! Can anyone help do I call the police department or irs? Be very careful. I wouldn't recommend this.placs to my worst.enemy

TurboTax debit card scam

I tried numerous ways to get my money off this card. 

-Bought another Greendot card: Required $20 minimum. Could not transfer money or accept money to the store bought card until the 'personalized' card is delivered, which takes 7-14 business days these days with how the mail has been backlogged.   Unable to use a lot of features until the personalized card is delivered.  

-Western Union to myself: Could not use account and routing number or western union

-Zelle/Cash App/Paypal- Green dot Bank is not supported

-Tried to add account to my bank as an external account. Did not work, requires small deposits to be confirmed, deposits never showed up in the TurboCard account history. 

-Not many sites use ACH but I was able to use ACH (routing and account number I was able to pay two bills by providing the account information online) 

-I have been unable to move my money to my bank account as of this message. 

TurboTax debit card scam

I hear you... They just froze our account for supposedly suspicious activity they never called or sent a letter if explanation and when you call they say there's nothing they can do or even connect you to anyone that can help. This company has really put me and my family in a serious bad position they've had our utility and rent money and they dont even care

lu2445

TurboTax debit card scam

Same happened to me.  My first stimulus payment came in the mail as a check from the Treasury.  Now, two years later, I find out I have this account with $440 remaining of the original $600 balance.  Intuit has been taking $4.95 a month since the account was opened.  I never received any communication that I had an account with Intuit.  This is what happens when a corporation lobbies congress hard enough.  Intuit gets to set up schemes like this to take advantage of an overburdened IRS and cheat American taxpayers out of stimulus money that they may actually need.  They've already litigated one class-action lawsuit, I think it may be time for another.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies