turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stimulus package - direct deposit

You will get a check if you:

• Have a Social Security number.
  • Have filed taxes in 2018 or 2019, or don't earn enough to file but receive Social Security payments.
  • Earned less than $99,000 for single filers, $136,500 for heads of household, or $198,000 for married filers according to the most recent tax return filed.
  • Are not claimed by someone else as a dependent.

How much will I get?

The IRS bases the amount of your payment on the adjusted gross income (AGI) listed on your most recent tax return: 2018 or 2019.

The maximum payment is $1,200 for single filers with an AGI below $75,000 or single parents (heads of household) with an AGI below $112,500. Married couples who file jointly and have an AGI below $150,000 will get a total of $2,400.

False... If you didn't file taxes you can still register your address through TurboTax so the IRS knows how to find you. You do not have to be receiving social security stop giving out false information.

@jcmanuel23 

Same exact thing here brother. I saw this article last weekend saying turbo tax made a portal for people who don't file taxes to get there routing # and account # to the IRS. I logged in and tried it... And it worked! The issue was this... I had to say I wasn't filing taxes this year and didn't last year as well.. The last page wanted me to say that under oath I needed to sign that this was true risking perjury. I decided against doing that, as I did file taxes this and last year. All I want to do is give the IRS my current info. It is absolute garbage that it is taking this long and that we have to go through this stress. It is absolute garbage that I may be homeless as a result of this. And finally, it is absolute garbage turbo tax can help people who paid FAR less in taxes than me/us to get their info to the IRS with a portal directly linking current banking info but can't help EVERYONE. Yet again, we get screwed. They will be releasing checks as early as the 9th of this month and I'll probably be hungry on the street by then. Check the IRS website?? Lmao. They will "have something in the upcoming weeks" for us? Not good enough. Not fair. Why can't I just update it through the portal Turbo Tax created for people who work something around 15 minutes a week or whatever? Not fair at all. Oh well, at least it's warm where I live. Good luck and Godspeed @jcmanuel23 and everyone else in the similar boat we are in 🙏

If this portal TurboTax created to update banking info is available for some, it should be available for all. Change my mind.

I'm in the same situation now and was just wondering how long did it take you to receive your refund. I filed on Feb 5th and around the 3rd week in March they said the bank still hadn't sent the money back yet. Just curious as to timeframe. Thanks in advance.

@Qstorm85  I don't know what your reading or how you seeing it but no one is giving false information.  No one has said if you make under $2,500 you don't qualify, or you have to be on Social Security.  You are accusing of false information is given when it is NOT.

AVPinzone

I filed my taxes and did not print my direct deposit number   How can I submit my bank number

I got my refund through TurboTax will they send my stimulus payment back through TurboTax Santa Barbara? And if so will TurboTax try to get fees from me to send it to my bank account?

I don't believe there would be any fees.

Turbo tax already said you will get the stimulus through them not sure about any other tax prep place tho

I heard if you got your 2019 taxes on a tax prep card through turbo tax you will get it on same card I know hr block has the emerald card through a federal bank so it would not make sense if the card is linked to a federal bank with your SS number why you would get a check since they have your information and up to date address and information if you filed 2019 taxes but everyone seems to know what's going on an how the IRS is gonna pay it, except the IRS so everyone opinion is just an opinion at this point til the IRS updates how the payment will be made if it will or not go on a tax prep card considering my federal taxes went on it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yea I didn't see why it wouldn't because the bank emerald card uses is a federal bank

Don't listen to the person reading Google an pasting it here if you filed 2019 taxes with a tax prep with a card from them it has a routing number and account number and also the bank name issued to the card that's the information the IRS is going to use to deposit the stimulus it would make no sense to mail a check when I received my federal taxes from the federal government this year on my emerald card especially with the urgent need for the cash us Americans need it now would be so pointless to get my check 3 months later we need it now and I can almost guarantee it will be on any tax prep card you filed 2019 taxes on not sure about 2018 tho  

What happened if you only have a driver Express card with SSI gave me for my income

Your good to go.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies