Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stimulus package - direct deposit

I was able to. This was my first year w/a 1099 Misc, I owed also. I used the link I posted a few posts back. Hopefully this helps.

Ok so I double checked the routing and account number associated with the Green Dot Turbo Card against the routing and account number that was listed on my downloaded tax forms and they match. So, the routing and account number that the IRS currently has if you elected to have direct deposit on a turbo tax card issued by Green Dot will work.

I no longer have that green dot card and haven't for literally years..  I have a legit bank account now. How can I send you these documents?? I am SCREWED without this check as I am almost homeless..

I was chatting with a rep from Turbotax yesterday and she said IRS will not send the money to Turbotax card because it is not considered direct deposit with IRS.  I argued that it has a routing and account number just like any bank. She said no. She advised me to keep checking IRS website and update my banking information.  I felt very confused. Anybody heard something like that?

I just chatted with another Turbotax rep and she told me that the card will work. She gave me 100% assurance. So the Green Dot Bank info will work out well. Try to log t ok your Turbotax account  and chat with someone. But I think we can check it on Thursday and see if it is there.

jcmanuel23
Returning Member

My direct deposit info on my last tax return is wrong.  I went into the portal and put the correct info in and seemed good to go.  An hour later I got an email saying it was rejected.  And to print this page out and send to the IRS.  The page was a redacted 2019 1040 form.  Why would that help me get the correct bank account info?  I need to get my bank account info correct.

@jcmanuel23  What portal did you use?  You cannot use the TurboTax portal if you already filed a return.  The IRS is going to give taxpayers the chance to enter their own banking information.  See the following:

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

So on Thursday we all going to get deposit into our account 

@Shottamike23   Don't know why Thursday was mentioned but  the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will start directly depositing the economic impact payment—otherwise known as the stimulus check—directly into Americans' accounts for mid-April, around April 15.

These first direct deposits will go to Americans who filed tax returns in the past two years and whose payment details are already on record.

For those who have not filed tax returns recently, the Treasury said it was developing "in the coming weeks" a web-based portal to allow these people to provide their bank details and receive immediately the economic impact payment rather than waiting for checks in the mail.

Anyone else will have to wait for a paper check. The Washington Post reported that checks for lower-income individuals will be prioritized and mailed first, citing an internal IRS plan circulating internally.

The IRS will reportedly start mailing checks out to those unable to receive the economic impact payment digitally from April 24, but some may not arrive until September.

The Treasury said social security recipients, who do not usually have to file a tax return to the IRS, will receive their economic impact payments directly and automatically into their accounts.

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said social security recipients will get their stimulus payments "very quickly" after the first IRS deposits are made in mid-April.

jcmanuel23
Returning Member

Thank you.  I appreciate the clarification

Screenshot_20200406-104114_Chrome.jpg

That's the reason we think the money will be in our accounts on Thursday. 

@Preets  That could be true but that information was from 2 days ago.  The information I stated was released today.  If they come this Thursday that would be great but the IRS changes things all the time.

https://www.newsweek.com/stimulus-checks-irs-deposit-date-coronavirus-1496261

Why are you Miss informing people there is no if you make less than $2,500 you don't get the stimulus... stop giving people false information!!!

Stop giving out false information people that make less than $2,500 do receive stimulus as long as you have a social security number you are eligible stop giving out false information.

Stop giving out false information they should ban you everyone with the social security number is eligible for a stimulus payment stop giving out false information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies