turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

stimulus package - direct deposit

After filling my taxes refund, I discovered that my account has been closed. It was on 5th February 2020. I left USA because I was A student there. I want to know if I can't change account number how will I get my refund? By check? Where they will send a check while I'm not still living in the place I provided when filling ( mail address)

Jazz326

The IRS does not update banking information only thing they can update is your address if a check goes to the wrong account the bank will send it back to the IRS the IRS what I will send you a check to the address on file or send you a notice that you know that we have a check for you

Jazz326

No the IRS Department of Treasury does not touch anyone's bank account information you got that wrong there go that mister somebody sad there's nobody named mr. Or mrs. Somebody that works at the IRS

Castanedaandrew31
Returning Member

I do believe that will be the only way you will get the payment 

when I first file for my taxes I asked my taxes to be sent to my chime bank account and never did tell what time you decide to just use their own account and send me their card out so how do I go about that that was their mistake

pmh26

When will it be deposited to my card?

Cwomack
Returning Member

So I did mine on turbo tax this year and I got a card throw them I want get it on that card 

How can I get my package stimulated?

Patty2k

I read they are able to go through the social security administration & see what your AIG was for 2019 & also verify your address. I also read too that's why they are having you fill out a census report so they can have a address for people. If people did file & got direct deposit this year ,you will recieve your funds quickly, if not you will receive a paper check within 4-6 weeks.

You are wrong in that understanding .. Anybody can receive it all they have to do call the IRS and give they're information and it's easy to verify information they do it all the time with taxes so that made no sense either smh

That is absolutely wrong so maybe you should stop telling people stuff..

My understanding is someone that is considered homeless with no taxes filed will still get refund but it will be later. A phone number will be provided at some point for people who have not received refund.

• That is not what I read. A safe guard was put in for the people who are not required to file taxes because their income is to low,  social security or VA benefits.
Tr20ck

I'm pretty sure u can. I'm not 100% certain you can give them that information over the phone. You might can file a tax return even if you didnt work. Just try anyway. I know that's how people did it back in 2008. It wont hurt to try either way. Call, mail a letter, or try to file anyway. And put in a change of address card. If they do mail a check it would go to your last known residence.

Tr20ck

You get $1200 for yourself and $500 per dependent UNDER 17. You wont get nothing for an adult dependent. And you only get the full $1200 if your income is $75000 or less. The more you make the less you get back.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies