turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Irish8534

stimulus package - direct deposit

I hate to be the one to tell u but if u havent filed taxes in 2 years u are not eligible to get the stimulus. 

How do you get through if no-one is answers the phone? And with my taxes they went into the prepare account and they cut a check. So i dont think thats how its working 

I have the wrong rounition and account wrong on file how can i change it

I have not received my refund yet what's going on

Were is my refund

amdawn117

They stated that it would take 3-6wks for checks or deposits to be made. If you have a bank account good, that will make it faster. Now if you have a card thru TurboTax or HRBlock like the Emerald card then you will receive a check. They will not do direct deposits to card like the Emerald card or others that come from the tax preparation services, its will come as a check. They will mail out letters to make sure things are accurate so such as address etc if there is no direct banking account to an actual bank not linked to a tax preparation company. If you look on the actual stimulas site they have its has a place to calculate the amount you will receive and other information about the distribution of the stimulas payments. If you have not filed taxes for 2018 or 2019 you will not receive one. 

amdawn117

Also if you are on SSI or disability you may be eligable. If you owe back paid child support you will not get one or in the event you do get one it will go to the person owed child support. Although from what is stated if you owe child support the state will collect it and go from there. If your banking info has changed they will make sure they have the accurate info by mailing a letter to make sure changes have not been made. There's really no point in calling the IRS because they won't be able to tell you anything until all forms have been sent out about your accounts or accounts are accurate and verfied. If you do call the IRS your most likely to get a form of generic message they are told to read or flat out told they cannot tell you anything at this moment. They advise not to call the IRS due to high volumes of calls which can actually delay the process. Please look into the stimulas package info. It will tell you everything you need to know and how this will affect your taxes for 2020. This is basically a large advance on our taxes for 2020. So if you usually get, lets say $9,000 in a return than in 2020 you will deduct what you receive from the stimulas and the remainder is what you get in 2020. Hope this helps. Again the stimulas package info and calculator are available and easy to use, it has everything you need to know and can give you the amount you will receive based on 2018 or 2019 taxea returns just enter the amount you made, filing status and number of dependents 17 and under claimed for either of those years.

I read that it will direct deposit if you don't have a third party bank like santa Barbra that will or is taking fees out for I.e. turbo tax if you opted for your fees to be paid with your refund. So from my understanding we would get a check. But also they will be sending a letter about what amount you should be expecting 15 days before. 

Call them!! Its gonna take awhile to get through or its a form u get off the website..i just downloaded the address form but im a still call on Monday to change everything but still send off the form

amdawn117

They suspended all call centers until further notice. They even state that the call centers will only be assisting with the refunds for the tax season. Calling will not do anything at this point. If you go to irs.gov stimulas package it will give you updates and info as they get it. 

mckillop

Call the IRS general #. Customer Service. You will be able to give your correct info there.

How do i receive my stimulus package?

Do i need to apply for the stimulus package?

How long does it take to receive the stimulus package?

Lkeels55
Returning Member

I have a new account number now routing number now can I give the IRS this 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies