turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pw52

Props and Standing Ovation for Great Customer Service

I just wanted to share a most positive experience I had with the resolution of my problem with ItsDeductible and 2020 TurboTax because of the exemplary customer service I received from Alanna.  I was having a difficulty with transferring over the data and fearful that all would be lost with a wrong stroke of the key and Alanna walked me through it with great care and concern.  She made the whole process a positive one!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JoeyB

Glad to hear you had such a great experience with support. I'll pass on the positive feedback! 😀

michaelantonios
Returning Member

Glad you enjoyed their service. They charged me $140 and refuse to refund me despite never filing my taxes. The catch was I used the service to "prepare" my taxes. Be careful with this company, Google around and look at the scandalous things they have done to people. You will be shocked.  

@michaelantonios wrote:

Glad you enjoyed their service. They charged me $140 and refuse to refund me despite never filing my taxes. The catch was I used the service to "prepare" my taxes. Be careful with this company, Google around and look at the scandalous things they have done to people. You will be shocked.  

The charge is for the use of the software - filing is free.

Once you pay, you can print and mail the tax return.  If they refunded money then nobody would pay - they would just print and mail and get their money back thus do the tax return for free. 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
michaelantonios
Returning Member

I was able to use the software for free to begin with. If that is the concern take away the "print" function until payment is made. Google the horrendous stories with this company. 

Great for you. However, I have found at least 3 (as a non-tax person) glaring errors! And those are areas that I was aware of. Wondering about the accuracy of the software at this point.

For instance the CARES Act allows up to $300 charitable contribution deductions, even if you don't itemize. When filling in the information, the software told me about the availability (which I already knew). However, when it came time to review, the review indicated that I COULD NOT take the deduction because I did not itemize.

Second error: they state that one must begin taking distributions from retirement accounts at age 70 1/2. This has changed to age 72. And, there is legislation in Congress to increase these ages even further.

@alembo wrote:

Second error: they state that one must begin taking distributions from retirement accounts at age 70 1/2. This has changed to age 72. And, there is legislation in Congress to increase these ages even further.

TurboTax was updated about a month age to only ask the RMD question if your DOB in the personal information  section shows that you are age 72 or older.   (There might be some written help sections that have not been changed yet, but the software has.)

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
budjens
Returning Member

In It's Deductible, I cannot see any categories to browse. I am only able to search by name. And when I do that, every search name entry comes up unable to find.  This happens in three different browsers.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The ItsDeductible program is still being updated for the current tax year and should be ready soon. Please wait until next week and try to access ItsDeductible again. If you are still having issues at that time, please reach out to Customer Support via the Contact Us page here

@budjens

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies