turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Z33C33
Returning Member

Notice Administrator email about lawsuit legit?

Hi, I just recently received an email about the Office of the Los Angeles City Attorney and the County of Santa Clara County Counsel filing a lawsuits against Intuit with 2 options of

1: If I don't do anything my information will be disclose to the 2 parties to use for contacting me

2: If I don't want my information to be disclose to the 2 parties I would have to Opt Out by clicking "Here" (that's a link)

by 7/15/2020

Has anyone else got this too? I want to know if this is a legit email before I start clicking on Opt Out.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

think!  how would they know you use turbo tax.  they'd have to send it to everyone in LA and the county. even opening that e-mail could put malware on your PC. 

Z33C33
Returning Member

Yeah the options came off pretty suspicious and unless Intuit gave away my private info without my approval, which shouldn't have been the case, just wanted others opinion. Well I will have to see how this turns out by ignoring and reporting the email. Thanks for the reply.

Class action lawsuits notices can only be sent to member of the affected class and then only by US mail.  It is obviously a phishing attempt to get you to click on the link and provide personal information.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies