turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mp32514

Ex husband reported "income" earned by our minor kids..that kids never worked

My son is 18 and we are filling out FASFA but had to pause because this was discovered..

My ex owns a business and since my son was 13 he has been reporting income earned (this was just discovered) HOWEVER my son NEVER RECEIVED $ nor did he work those hours!  So now on FASFA it is going to link to IRS and show income earned that is false.  When I asked ex about this he stated he put $ in college account..HOWEVER they got into a disagreement and ex refuses to pay $ towards college and stated "Since you did not do what I asked you, I put money in your sister's college account"  He also tried to say he used $ towards my son's expenses over the years!! 

I am trying to figure out my next step..I told him he committed fraud and financial abuse..he disagrees!  He did not even use a home address, but instead used his office address!  What should I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I don't know any of this but has your ex been filing a tax return for your son all these years reporting wages earned on the son's  tax return?

Mp32514

Some years I claimed him..I knew about all these reported years after looking at social security income reports.  He never mentioned that income the years that I claimed him

I would speak to a professional about this. They would be able to help you better than anyone on a community forum could.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies