turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Eligible for Stimulus Check (EIP) but website still shows Payment Status Not Available

My wife and I are totally eligible for the $2400 stimulus check, but as of May 23, the IRS website still shows "Payment Status Not Available." We've tried both our SSNs without and with dash, capital letters for address, dash/no dash for address, and tried removing all punctuation. Checking our bank account everyday and still no $2400 direct deposit yet.

According to IRS, we're clearly eligible because:

1). 2018 return.

2). Married filing jointly, income $17,000.

3). Direct deposit info is on the return.

4). I'm a US citizen. My wife is Green Card.

It's like we're not in the system. I imagine we're not the only case that the IRS has screwed up. My big question: Will the IRS have an appeal or grievance process for the thousands of people who've been robbed due to IRS mistakes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Eligible for Stimulus Check (EIP) but website still shows Payment Status Not Available

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/00/1393859

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have a real answer?

My social was tagged by IRS as 'not for work purposes' so myself and my husband didn't receive either.  I was born in US and have been working for 41 years...so my social security number is just fine.  I used Turbo Tax to file back in February and they took my taxes, but somehow labeled my social incorrectly and we are just 'out of luck' according to one IRS agent.   I am working with the Tax Advocates office, but they sent my birth certificate, passport and social security card to IRS on July 6 and nothing yet....so we probably won't get the last one or another if Congress passes another EIP.    Try calling and make sure they didn't label your wife incorrectly.  It will take many of us complaining before this gets worked out. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies