turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Mint Web UI

The new Mint Web UI is really frustrating.  Why did they take functionality away?!?

1.  I can't bulk edit transactions directly from trends (where it's most useful to recategorize quickly)

2.  I can't easily click on tags on a transaction ... its not buried one level deeper with a more unintuitive UI.

Very frustrating.  :(. :(.   And I can't select Mint as the product when I post my discussion topic??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

New Mint Web UI

Mint has limited support, but there is a point of contact.

https://mint.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/login-password/contact-support/L7B7m3td3_US

JoeCPA

New Mint Web UI

They also took away the ability filter transaction by "not". Like not tagged XXX.  In addition, when you edit a group of transactions to add a tag, it removes all the other tags on those transactions. Finally, the last awful thing is when you edit a transaction, it automatically you want to create a rule for it. This new UI is a huge mess.

New Mint Web UI

They also screwed around with sorting in the main menu.  Under "Overview" my accounts are sorted properly, but under "Transactions" > "Investments" the accounts are randomly sorted.

And when modifying a "Description" sometimes a previously used description will drop down, sometimes not.  Then you can't just hit enter to make the change.  The same with changes to "Category".  Finally figured out you have to Tab out or click the mouse somewhere else on the page.

I still don't understand why they can pick up the stock symbol under "Ordinary Divided" but they can't do it with "Qualified Dividend".  Exactly the same formats in my brokerage statements.

On the plus side we can finally search a date range without having to change the URL every time.

I guess they felt compelled to change the look and feel of a perfectly good UI.

ginz
Returning Member

New Mint Web UI

The new UI is terrible and the lack of features tells me they launched prematurely and with an enormous lack of testing and surveying of customer needs. 'Goals' is completely useless now and it used to be one of my favorite features.  I was a dedicated Mint user since early 2000s, but now it's time to move on. 

New Mint Web UI

The new UI is, indeed a poorly created interface.

Moving on is easier said than done with 12 years of records and no way to move them to another service.

New Mint Web UI

1.  Also, when using Search in a specific account they now take you out of that account and search every account you have.  Then you have to select your original account again.

2.  You can not use "Enter" to finalize a change after modifying the description or category.

3.  Every time you come out of Overview to Transactions there's a new Advertisement you have to close down.

4.  I've got 3 accounts that are hidden.  They always show up in Overview and have to be hidden again in Settings every time I open Mint. 

mathiasl

New Mint Web UI

Same here - can't do bulk edits, and on top of it the page refreshes each time I add a tag. Broke a perfectly responsive UI, not sure if it was for customer benefit.

New Mint Web UI

You might get more responses by posting on a MINT forum, rather than here on Turbotax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies