turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

3rd Stimulus

Anyone get their 3 Stimulus (TAXEIP3) yet? Mine was lower than expected. I thought I qualified for maximum amount since Married Filing Jointly was below $150k

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

53 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

No.  Can't say we have seen anyone experience this yet as today is the first day of issuance of EIP3.  Here is some information that might help you.  There is a stimulus calculator that may assist with determining if you received the correct amount.

The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks, unemployment benefit extensions, and expansions of the Child Tax Credit and the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.

• Families earning less than $150,000 a year and individuals earning less than $75,000 a year should get the full $1,400 per person.
  • Families earning up to $160,000 per year and individuals earning up to $80,000 per year will receive prorated amounts.
  • One notable difference from the first two stimulus is that you will receive stimulus payments for all your dependents, including adult dependents and college students.

To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.

How will the American Rescue Plan Affect Your Taxes

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

3rd Stimulus

ya, I qualify for max. married in Dec 2020. Filed 2020 taxes Feb 16...AGI with unemployeed wife well below the 150k. even if it was based off of 2019 tax return, would be very close to max.... I dont understand. ugh

3rd Stimulus

We are married filed jointly below $150K, my spouse does not have a job. Yesterday received to our joined account only one $1400. Why do they write "per person" I don't understand.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

3rd Stimulus

The third stimulus payment is $1,400 per person.  If your bank account only shows $1,400, that means the stimulus payment was only sent for one of you and not both.  If you were recently married, the other payment may still be on the way.

Please see the link below for additional information on the third stimulus payment and how it is determined.

How will the 3rd stimulus affect me

3rd Stimulus

We were officially married in 1994. For the 2nd stimulus payment we also received only one $600, and we did not receive the first stimulus.

The IRS Get My Payment returns message that status not available.

3rd Stimulus

mine is weird, i have four kids but its not divisible by 4. My GDI does explain the rest. I am so confused.

3rd Stimulus

We received our 3rd stimulus check, my husband and I file joint and we didn’t make over what they said, but we only received half of the 2800.00

3rd Stimulus

We have the same situation. I don’t understand why we only received half of 2800

3rd Stimulus

Yes we are in the same situation. My husband and I file joint . We just received 1400

Rylan922

3rd Stimulus

I am in the same boat. We file married filing jointly and with 2 kids; however, we only received 2800 of the 5600 we qualify for. Anyone know why? We are below the $150,000 cap. 

3rd Stimulus

I asked my Tax preparer what’s the reason for that, and if she might know anything  but all she can tell me is “I Don’t know “ wow ok. 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

3rd Stimulus

This information is provided by the IRS - Third Stimulus FAQ

3rd Stimulus

I got the first 2 stimulus checks and and qualify for the 3rd.  I can't seem to find information on how I will get the 3rd check.  I filed my 2020 taxes through Turbotax and set up a payment plan when I filed.  I know that the stimulus isn't supposed to be held up by taxes owed, but I want to know how I am going to get my stimulus, through direct deposit or a check/debit card.  I am sure I am not the only one with this problem, but there isn't much information out there about it.  

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

3rd Stimulus

You do not need to do anything, it will be deposited the same way as the first two stimulus payments.

The stimulus payment will not be used to pay down outstanding taxes.

For more information, see: More details about the third round of Economic Impact Payments | Internal Revenue Service

Stimulus payment resources for your 2020 taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies