State taxes type of return; I'm currently active duty military, How do I know what to input for my spouse? e.g. Part-time residence, Non, etc.

If your wife is a resident of HI and had income in 2016, she will have to file a 2016 HI tax return. You may be able to file a joint HI return with her, but your military income would not be subject to HI tax.

When you complete the Personal Interview:

1. Select Hawaii as her state of residence on December 31, 2016 (Yours would be North Carolina);
  2. Answer "No" when asked if she "Lived in another state in 2016?" That question only applies if she changed her state of residence in 2016 (same for you).
  3. Answer "No" when asked if she "Earned money in another state?".  (Same for you, unless you had non-military income from any state other than NC).

What is your HOR, where are you stationed and what is your spouse's HOR?

My HOR is N. Carolina I'm currently stationed overseas in Germany. My spouse is currently in the state of Hawaii, just trying to get some clarification on if I still need to file her Hawaii State tax portion. The Federal taxes are good to go

Is she military? Is she a resident of HI? Or both?

She is not military, she falls under me BUT she is originally from HI and is currently working there until this summer. From that point on she than move back with me under the same household.