turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello, I am active Duty Military from PA and currently Stationed in CA. Being that my home of residency is in PA I dont pay state taxes. How do I enter non taxable income

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Hello, I am active Duty Military from PA and currently Stationed in CA. Being that my home of residency is in PA I dont pay state taxes. How do I enter non taxable income

Non-taxable income is not taxed.

As a PA resident, you do not pay PA for your military pay, according to  PA DOR.

CA says:

Military Pay – Military pay is not included in California source income unless the military service member is domiciled in California and stationed in California.

Military pay is not included in CA income unless it is your home of record. If you do not have any other CA income, you do not need to file a CA return.

If you have CA income, then you need to file a CA non-resident return. For full CA information, see the CA FTB military pub.

If you would like to reply with what you are trying to enter and why, we can help. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TomD8
Level 15

If your only income was the nontaxable military income, and PA tax was not withheld from that income, you are not required to file a Pennsylvania tax return.

https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/266/~/should-i-report-my-active-military-pay...

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies