al-j-giordano

Prior military. Rent/Live in Texas, own a home in PA. Switch from PA to TX residency in June when leaving military. How do i handle my house for tax purposes?

Need to know if all income earned on house in 2016 is taxable in PA? Or only part since i changed residency? My military pay is nontaxable in PA and my new job is in Texas with no state tax.  House is the only issue

RichardG

Since the rental property is located in Pennsylvania, that state is to entitled to tax the rental income regardless of whether you are a resident of the state or not.  Even if you file a part-year resident return for Pennsylvania, you're obligated to report all the rent income on the state tax return.  

RichardG