• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
al-j-giordano

Prior military. Rent/Live in Texas, own a home in PA. Switch from PA to TX residency in June when leaving military. How do i handle my house for tax purposes?

Need to know if all income earned on house in 2016 is taxable in PA? Or only part since i changed residency? My military pay is nontaxable in PA and my new job is in Texas with no state tax.  House is the only issue
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

Prior military. Rent/Live in Texas, own a home in PA. Switch from PA to TX residency in June when leaving military. How do i handle my house for tax purposes?

Since the rental property is located in Pennsylvania, that state is to entitled to tax the rental income regardless of whether you are a resident of the state or not.  Even if you file a part-year resident return for Pennsylvania, you're obligated to report all the rent income on the state tax return.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RichardG

Since the rental property is located in Pennsylvania, that state is to entitled to tax the rental income regardless of whether you are a resident of the state or not.  Even if you file a part-year resident return for Pennsylvania, you're obligated to report all the rent income on the state tax return.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v