Active Duty military, Home of record is Illinois. Stationed in Kansas. I put state of residence as Illinois and that I lived in no other states. I owe $421 to Illinois??

Correct.  You should then indicate no KS income and show a refund.

Maybe her taxes weren't withheld in KS. How do I know? Her W2 gave her employers number, state wages and states income tax.

under nonresident military compensation under KS should I change the number to 0 instead of what it is?

when I did that, it lowered the amount we got back from KS by 100

Can you check her W2 Box 15 to be sure?

box 15 is State which says KS

Ok great.  So the income reported should be zero

where at?

Just a minute, looking it up!

Thank you so much!

Ok, in the Kansas return, edit Income- look for the PartYear and Nonresident Income Allocation and you will enter 0 here as well (look in the answer box for picture)

Okay, I did this and Illinois is still 421. Any ideas?