cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

My military pension is Missouri tax exempt. My current form is not allowing for that.

Where do I go in the state return to correct this?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 18

My military pension is Missouri tax exempt. My current form is not allowing for that.

Go through the Missouri interview until you come to a screen entitled "Missouri Pension and Retirement Adjustment" (it's a ways in). Note that military pension is listed as excludable.

Hit Continue.

The next screen should report the amount of your pension that has been excluded in Missouri.

If the software doesn't recognize your pension income in Missouri (so it can exclude it automatically), go back to the federal return and make sure your pension information was correctly entered. Worst case, delete the Missouri state return and re-add it, to re-import the federal information.

1 Reply
Level 18

Go through the Missouri interview until you come to a screen entitled "Missouri Pension and Retirement Adjustment" (it's a ways in). Note that military pension is listed as excludable.

Hit Continue.

The next screen should report the amount of your pension that has been excluded in Missouri.

If the software doesn't recognize your pension income in Missouri (so it can exclude it automatically), go back to the federal return and make sure your pension information was correctly entered. Worst case, delete the Missouri state return and re-add it, to re-import the federal information.