My husband is military and we are stationed overseas in Germany. State of Legal Res is Oklahoma. Do I file as Oklahoma Nonresident?

If I file as an OK resident, I end up owing taxes to OK. Which isn't right. Help?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IsabellaG

If your home of record is Oklahoma, you should file your return as an Oklahoma resident. But Oklahoma has a 100% military pay exclusion.

Make sure that you've entered your military pay correctly in the Federal Section, and indicated if it is Active Duty Military Pay on the screen Do any of these uncommon situations apply to this W-2?

Then go through your state return. You should see a screen Military Pay Exclusion. See the screenshot below.

IsabellaG