turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Im in the military and my state of residence is nevada and im stationed in washington and bought a car here and had to pay WA tax, i was wondering if i could file that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Im in the military and my state of residence is nevada and im stationed in washington and bought a car here and had to pay WA tax, i was wondering if i could file that?

You can enter it, but it probably won't make any difference. Total itemized deductions (sales tax is a part) must exceed $12,000 filing single, $24,000 MFJ for Any such things to matter. Since your SLR is NV (no state tax), there's about a 99.99% chance you don't have enough deductions to itemize ...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can enter it, but it probably won't make any difference. Total itemized deductions (sales tax is a part) must exceed $12,000 filing single, $24,000 MFJ for Any such things to matter. Since your SLR is NV (no state tax), there's about a 99.99% chance you don't have enough deductions to itemize ...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies