madystoy21

Im active duty military, home of record MN. I didnt live in MN last year. How do I file this on my M1NR as a nonresident? I keep get "dates need to be less than a year"?

DMarkM1

Minnesota does not tax active duty military pay.  You are not a MN "nonresident."  You are a "resident" of MN as active duty military with MN as your home of record. When you complete the "My Info" section.  Select "Yes" for military member and Minnesota as your resident state.  You should add the other state as a state you had income in.  Once you enter your W2 information the next page asked you if you have "military active duty pay".  Be sure to select that and your MN information will adjust.

TomD8

<<"You should add the other state as a state you had income in. ">>

If your only income in 2019 was active duty pay, answer NO to questions about having other state income.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.