turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I separated from the military May 2017. I changed residency from FL to AZ. Military W2 shows my residency as FL, do I need to file a return in FL as well as AZ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I separated from the military May 2017. I changed residency from FL to AZ. Military W2 shows my residency as FL, do I need to file a return in FL as well as AZ?

Florida does not have any state income tax, therefore you will not need to file an income tax return for Florida.  For Arizona, you will file a part-year resident return this year.  

When entering your personal information into TurboTax, be sure to specify that you moved to a different state and the date you moved.  TurboTax will guide you through the process of filing the partial year state return.

Here is some more information about how to file a part-year return in TurboTax:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302008

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

Florida does not have any state income tax, therefore you will not need to file an income tax return for Florida.  For Arizona, you will file a part-year resident return this year.  

When entering your personal information into TurboTax, be sure to specify that you moved to a different state and the date you moved.  TurboTax will guide you through the process of filing the partial year state return.

Here is some more information about how to file a part-year return in TurboTax:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302008

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies