turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I retired from the military effective on 1 Sept 2016. During my time in the military I was a resident of FL. I moved from CA to SC on 6 Jun 2016. Need help w/ question

I need help with answering the question about where I lived.  My last duty station was in San Diego, CA; however, I was a resident of FL for tax purposes.  I now live in SC.  How do I answer the question of where I lived before.  Because if I put CA, it is going to think I was a resident of CA and I am not....I was just stationed there by the military.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I retired from the military effective on 1 Sept 2016. During my time in the military I was a resident of FL. I moved from CA to SC on 6 Jun 2016. Need help w/ question

For tax purposes you use your HOR while in the Service, so you were FL until you retired, then SC.

Thank you for your service for our country. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

For tax purposes you use your HOR while in the Service, so you were FL until you retired, then SC.

Thank you for your service for our country. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies