Aeralisk

I'm active duty military, why aren't I getting more back in state? My home of record is PA.

My federal returns are looking lower than expected as well, but I really just don't understand why I wouldn't be getting anything back from state whatsoever.
AnnS7

Active duty military income earned outside of Pennsylvania by a Pennsylvania resident is not subject to Pennsylvania income tax.

In the state section of TurboTax, when you come to the page titled “Compensation Summary”, click edit beside your military income.   Verify the screen states that this W-2 income in NOT taxable as Pennsylvania income.  Ensure box next to Make this income taxable in PA is NOT checked.

Note: Any interest, dividends, capital gains, rental income, etc. IS taxable by PA regardless of where you are stationed.

If you are filing electronically you must either fax or mail copies of your W-2 and military orders to:

Fax:  717-772-4193 or 717-787-2840

Use the Personal Income Tax Fax Cover Sheet DEX-93 to assist in timely posting of any information to your return

Mail to:

PA Department of Revenue
Electronic Filing Section
P.O. Box 280507
Harrisburg, PA 17128-0507

Please make sure your Social Security number is on your orders.