turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm a military spouse. Im a legal resident of Texas but currently live in Kentucky. Do i select the "lived in another state in 2016" or just list Texas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

I'm a military spouse. Im a legal resident of Texas but currently live in Kentucky. Do i select the "lived in another state in 2016" or just list Texas?

Just Texas- As long as your military spouse's legal residence/ home of record is also Texas, and you have adopted Texas per the rules of the MSRRA.

You would only file a return with Kentucky if you had income from renting property, a small business, or other Kentucky-source income that is not wage-related.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901516-military-spouses-and-state-taxes

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Just Texas- As long as your military spouse's legal residence/ home of record is also Texas, and you have adopted Texas per the rules of the MSRRA.

You would only file a return with Kentucky if you had income from renting property, a small business, or other Kentucky-source income that is not wage-related.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901516-military-spouses-and-state-taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies