turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mac1931

I am in the National guard and I was on active duty orders for a portion of the year can I claim active duty on that W-2

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SeanE1

I am in the National guard and I was on active duty orders for a portion of the year can I claim active duty on that W-2

You would not be able to check "Active Duty" unless you had orders for 90 days active service, all served at the same time (consecutive days) in that 1 year. Drills and AT do not count as active duty.  After entering your W-2, you will be able to flag it as military pay.  It's the first item on the list of checkboxes after entering the W-2.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SeanE1

You would not be able to check "Active Duty" unless you had orders for 90 days active service, all served at the same time (consecutive days) in that 1 year. Drills and AT do not count as active duty.  After entering your W-2, you will be able to flag it as military pay.  It's the first item on the list of checkboxes after entering the W-2.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies