turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Federal was accepted with $$ log back on now what im getting back is completely different. And now it's saying I was in a combat zone. I'm not in the military. Help plz

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Federal was accepted with $$ log back on now what im getting back is completely different. And now it's saying I was in a combat zone. I'm not in the military. Help plz

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Is it your name, address, etc. in that account? Or does it look like someone else's account?

It's my name. Kids name. My ex husband remarried another Tamara spelled diffenert and he was in a combat zone. So it a bit weird. Plus my federal was already accepted so I don't know what to do.

It's like it started my federal all over. I didn't admend my federal. I just needed to finish my state

I suspect you have multiple accounts, especially since you said it acted like it started ove.  I'll tell you how to troubleshoot below for multiple accounts..
I just wanted to be sure it wasn't a stranger gaining access to  your account.

So try my steps below to find the right account.  That might explain what you are experiencing.  That may be an account you or your ex-spouse used last year.

If you are concerned that someone accessed your account, here's how to reach TurboTax Support.

FAQ:  How do I contact TurboTax?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489</a>

I just changed my password. I've been useing turbo tax since 2011 an never had these problems

Thank you

You're welcome.  Were you able to discover another account with your completed return?

I did thank you. That was all so Unnecessary if you think about. I was so stressed out. Thank you for you help. Hope that doesn't happen again.

It did*

Great news!   Now you can put your feet up and relax.  🙂   Good luck.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies